Sunday, November 05, 2006

Just returned from Scrapbook Generation's weekend "safari" retreat in Eureka Springs. With 23 scrapbookers, it was a smaller retreat than our group of 47 at Branson about a month ago, but that didn't diminish the fun and fellowship. In addition to Missouri gals, the states of Illinois and Kansas were well-represented! We just need to pick up a few Arkansas scrapbookers!

The weather was beautiful, and the convention facility at Inn of the Ozarks in historic Eureka Springs was wonderful. We were in such a large room that the ladies each had an 8-foot table to work/play at! Our meals were served in a separate banquet room, and we also had a separate, spacious classroom. Karin had baked lots of goodies for snacks, and our Saturday night chocolate buffet continues to be a hit! We gave away over $1,250 of scrapbooking supplies as prizes, and just generally had a super time.

Here are some of the written comments we received...

"Really great experience. Lots of work space and prizes! Great snacks. I learned a lot and got some great ideas from others. I will definitely be back."

"What a wonderful weekend. I wouldn't change a thing. The classes were great."

"Accomodations and food were great. Loved the table space for each person. Thank you for a wonderful weekend."

"Good classes. Good work area. Good food. Good group. Great prizes. Great weekend overall."

"Food was delicious -- meals and snacks and drinks. Prizes were wonderful and generous. The store provided a nice variety of items for purchase. I will definitely recommend your retreats and be back myself."

"Thanks for a wonderful retreat! I love the location, room, motel, and weather! Big kudos for the 'pizza box' prizes! Great fun! Snacks and bag-of-treats are yummy."

"This was my first retreat and it was awesome."

"I had nothing but a good time! I also learned a lot."

"I thought the whole thing was great. I wish I could stay longer. You guys did a wonderful job. The prizes are awesome."

"I thought everything was very well done and organized. It's been a fun and enjoyable weekend. Your set-up was excellent. Thanks so much for your hard work, which is what really made it so great."

"I thought it was wonderful. I'm so glad I came!"

"It is wonderful to be able to have lunch and dinner together as a group away from our work space. It was great fun to get to know everyone! Good job, ladies! I had a ball!"

"I loved the retreat. The dips and brownies were a hit. The theme was carried out well with everything. The space was far and above what I expected."

"Accomodations and food were wonderful. Great gifts."

"I thought the retreat was very organized, and all the details were well thought out. The snacks were delicious. I'll definitely do it again."

"I will definitely plan to attend another one."

"There was plenty to eat. Yum, yum! The 'pizza boxes' were great."

"The organization of the retreat was wonderful. The workspace provided was great!"

"Wonderful job - wonderful time. Table space great - store available and classes are much more than I expected -- overall super!"

"Wonderful weekend! Well organized, lots of great food and inspiration!"

"Great location. Great facility. Awesome food and snacks. Fabulous traveling store. Excellent prizes."

As soon as the photos are processed, we'll try to post them both on this blog and on scrapbookgeneration.com.

Reminder: The deadline to sign up for Scrapbook Generation's spring retreats is November 29. The Branson retreat at Lodge of the Ozarks is the weekend of March 2, and the Eureka Springs retreat at Inn of the Ozarks is the weekend of March 9. We are limiting the enrollment at each site to 50 people, so that we can provide a quality experience, with a spacious cropping area for each person attending. Since we are limiting enrollment, that means that the retreats may fill up before the deadline, so please register early.

To register, stop by Scrapbook Generation (or call 417-886-0440) and pay a $50 non-refundable deposit. The total payment is due by the end of January.

Prices are $285 per person for one person in a hotel room, $245 per person for two in a hotel room, $235 per person for three in a hotel room, and $225 per person for four in a hotel room. Price includes all meals, snacks, and drinks, and lodging. Classes are optional and are a small additional fee.
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS