Friday, February 15, 2008

First of all, I need to announce the winners of the door prizes that Scrapbook Generation gave away as part of our Super Bowl sale. They are Carey Looney, Danielle Keller, Penny Peck, Karen Cavaness, and Christine Rantz! Congratulations!

Next, as I've said before, snow days were lots more fun when I was teaching! We were unable to be open Monday and Tuesday, and from what our UPS guy told us, we weren't alone. Losing a day's business is not my favorite thing, but sometimes you have to use common sense. Karin and Stacey were able to get here Wednesday, but I didn't even try to get out until Thursday. I live on a picturesque country lane (translated: dirt road) that juts off from the highway at a pretty steep incline, then at the top of the incline, you have to make a sharp turn. Getting back in once you get out is pretty tricky, but the scariest part for me is possibly sliding onto the highway on the way down the hill. So I stay home!

New page kits:
Anyway, I got an extra day off, and I tried to make good use of the time! For those of you who have been waiting for new page kits, we put out five new ones last week, and I finished six more during my ice days. Some of them are Sweet & Simple kits, and some are Allison Davis kits.

Rescheduling because of the ice:
If you were enrolled in the Anna Griffin memo board class on Monday the 11th, the heart-shaped mini-album class on Monday the 11th, or the Scrapbook 101 Valentine layout class on Tuesday the 12th, we will be holding those classes a week later, at the same times.

Coming up Saturday:
We will be doing three fun techniques to alter the new Tim Holtz product called "grungeboard." Some of the sessions are full, but if you are interested in making a double-page 6x6 layout using this cool new product, give us a call and we'll tell you what is still available. I've been hiding all the grungeboard sets that have been coming in, so that the people taking the classes will be able to get what they want first!

March retreats in Branson:
If you want to join us for this absolutely heavenly time to work on pages and eat and talk and win prizes, you need to get with it! The March 7 retreat has less than 10 spots left, and the March 14 retreat only has 4 spots. (And a reminder to those of you who are already enrolled -- your final payment is due on or before February 29, unless you've made other arrangements.)

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS