Saturday, June 14, 2008






I wanted to post photos of some of our newest products at Scrapbook Generation, and tell you about a few other things as well.

Shown in the photos...
-- several new styles of clear stamps by Autumn Leaves;
-- a new summery/beach collection by Flair;
-- the Passport collection by Making Memories, plus their "puffy" alphabet sets;
-- a camping collection by Rusty Pickle;
-- Fourth of July collections by Bo-Bunny, Scenic Route, and Rusty Pickle (they're are all so pretty that it's hard to choose!)

On the way, by two of our top vendors...
-- the new Euphoria collection by BasicGrey;
-- two new smaller groups called Garden Party, by My Mind's Eye.

Allison news...
I received an email about the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Tulsa yesterday, and when I went to the site to check it out, I discovered that Allison is listed as a "celebrity" who will be at the convention. She will be teaching classes at the convention, and also at CKC-Kansas City in October. It was quite fun to see her labeled that way, but weird at the same time. And if it's weird for me, I'll bet it's really a strange feeling for her! I'll be going to Tulsa with her, and hope to see some of you there!

Activity news...
In September, Scrapbook Generation will be participating in ScrapPink, a national event that benefits the Susan G. Komen for the Cure breast cancer foundation. We already have lots of great activities planned for the three days of the event, and can't wait to tell you about them. We'll be announcing all the pink fun we have planned in our next newsletter, August-September!

Father's Day...
I just wanted to take a minute and mention my dad. This will be the ninth Father's Day without him, and I still miss him greatly. He's missed so much during that time, but especially getting to know his great-grandsons, Drew and Jackson. Sometimes when I look at them, it makes me sad that he didn't live to see them, and that they won't know how wonderful he was, this side of heaven.

I also wish that he could have been around to witness the birth and growth of Scrapbook Generation! I'm not sure if he would have thought Karin and I were crazy to have plunged ahead with such a big venture, but I know he would be proud of us now!

My dad had many personality traits that I long for, including the ability to be easy-going, slow to anger, and quick to praise. He never sought out the limelight, but was the kind of person whose opinion was valuable to any group he was a part of, because he was so rational and good-natured and wise.

I know that the reason he isn't here today is because he smoked all of his adult life. He tried to quit so many times, but nothing ever worked for long, and eventually it damaged his heart. I nagged and nagged him, and I know he tried, but he always went back to smoking. I wish there had been some way that he could have quit when it still would have made a difference. My world just isn't the same without him. He was the greatest!

1 comment:

Tonia said...

I am moving to Springfield in a few weeks from Nebraska. Can't wait to check out your store!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS